“Friends and family” is a familiar phrase, especially after holiday advertising kicks in every year. All those scenes of friends toasting, talking and laughing together. All those relatives happily sipping coffee, exchanging gifts on Christmas morning. But not everyone has family that can or wants to spend time together. Not everyone has friends to share special moments with. TV and magazines make it look like everyone is enjoying these heartfelt moments and memories, but real people often feel very alone. If you know anyone whose spirits seem to going downward this month, or who might have experienced a major loss this year, consider reaching out somehow. I know you’re crazy-busy lately, but feeling alone is always magnified when you’re literally bulldozed by that “getting together with friends” message. Making their season better will make your season better. And, as always, my favorite holiday message continues to be… SLOW DOWN, BUY LESS.
- Kite Sparks Sagging Creativity
- Finding a Treasure Buried in the Clutter: The Price of Birthing
- Heat Relief: The Cooling Sight of Bubbles
- The Heat & Me: Take to the Water When You’re Hot!
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?