No one I know even blinks as April 1 passes. April Fool’s Day is a dim memory now, but I miss this celebration of laughter. Maybe you can step back in time for a day and play a silly little joke on someone this year — just to get a giggle, and to remind yourselves to lighten up. I still remember a joke played on me many years ago. We got up on a Sat. morning and saw a For Sale sign on the grass in front of our house. When we went out to investigate, there was my neighbor, laughing her head off. She was from a European country (don’t remember where) that celebrated April Fool’s Day big time. Even their newspaper ran bogus headlines and stories. Now there was a country that laughed.
- Abortion Rights and the Magnitude of Betrayal
- The Pleasure of Social Dance: Room to Improve
- Perspective is Everything: Consider Changing Viewpoints
- Defrosting Blogging Brain Freeze: Getting Unstuck
- Escaping Reality: A Mental Health Must
- The Olympics Inspires Fitness
- “Emerging from the Heartache of Loss” and Pandemic Relief
- New Year’s Resolutions Change How Your Life is Going!
- Thinking: The Most Important Work You Do
- Downsizing: Culling the Closet One Inch at a Time