No one I know even blinks as April 1 passes. April Fool’s Day is a dim memory now, but I miss this celebration of laughter. Maybe you can step back in time for a day and play a silly little joke on someone this year — just to get a giggle, and to remind yourselves to lighten up. I still remember a joke played on me many years ago. We got up on a Sat. morning and saw a For Sale sign on the grass in front of our house. When we went out to investigate, there was my neighbor, laughing her head off. She was from a European country (don’t remember where) that celebrated April Fool’s Day big time. Even their newspaper ran bogus headlines and stories. Now there was a country that laughed.
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good