I have a friend who travels frequently, and I take her to the bus that goes to the airport. She kept apologizing for any 7:00am departures until I asked her to reverse roles. Would she mind taking ME to the bus at 7:00am? Her answer? “Of course not.” Consider all the times you could use help but don’t ask because you don’t want to seem weak, incapable, or to inconvenience anyone. Then reverse roles in your mind… and be kind. Think about how great you feel when you help someone out and give someone else the chance to experience that satisfaction. Learning to be a better receiver by accepting help will mean fewer backaches, more free time and, surprisingly, closer relationships.
- That Special Gift of Time: Service vs. Presents
- Kite Sparks Sagging Creativity
- Finding a Treasure Buried in the Clutter: The Price of Birthing
- Heat Relief: The Cooling Sight of Bubbles
- The Heat & Me: Take to the Water When You’re Hot!
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage