If you have a schedule to keep, it’s natural to get up and get going as quick as you can. All you can think about is getting out the door. But setting the tone for the day is important because it steers your brain into a certain mindset. Here’s an idea that’ll take 1 of your morning minutes: start off by putting on some relaxing music first thing. Beginning with the news or harried silence or snappy demands of your family just points you in the wrong direction for the rest of the day, kind of tense and humorless. I know it’s hard to think about playing music when you’re in a hurry to get out the door or to get the kids off to school, but the mood around the house–and in your own mind–will be better. Guaranteed.
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!