I can’t help it, I have to talk about dance. Ballroom dancing is my passion, and I feel it’s my duty to infect you with the bug to boogie. Here’s my case: Filling your heart with music and moving your body to the beat will lift your mood… and your life. Moving your body fast enough burn lots of calories. All you have to do is take that first step. Beginning classes are everywhere and probably closer than you’d think. Just a few lessons will give you the confidence you need to join in the fun. Having no partner — I don’t — is no excuse because classes usually don’t require it. A few classes gets you acquainted with other dancers so you have someone swing with when a public dance rolls around. Waltz, Swing, Salsa, Rumba, Tango, Foxtrot, Two Step… it’s all great fun, and easier than you think. A dance instructor of mine says it best, “If you can walk, you can dance.”
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain