There’s no getting around it, I am stupid. How else can you explain my recent decision to pull weeds instead of go to the beach. When faced with a rare and glorious weather day, I automatically opted for work instead of pleasure. Weeding instead of wave watching. I know I’m not alone and believe that this habit, this insidious cultural “work ethic” can be modified. Perhaps a baby step will start the ball rolling. Decision: I will sip my wine tonight outside watching birds instead of broadcast news. Whatever your choice–wine/tea/pretzels/grapes–consider taking a baby step of your own to break out of that constant work mode. You deserve it.
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain