There’s no getting around it, I am stupid. How else can you explain my recent decision to pull weeds instead of go to the beach. When faced with a rare and glorious weather day, I automatically opted for work instead of pleasure. Weeding instead of wave watching. I know I’m not alone and believe that this habit, this insidious cultural “work ethic” can be modified. Perhaps a baby step will start the ball rolling. Decision: I will sip my wine tonight outside watching birds instead of broadcast news. Whatever your choice–wine/tea/pretzels/grapes–consider taking a baby step of your own to break out of that constant work mode. You deserve it.
- Abortion Rights and the Magnitude of Betrayal
- The Pleasure of Social Dance: Room to Improve
- Perspective is Everything: Consider Changing Viewpoints
- Defrosting Blogging Brain Freeze: Getting Unstuck
- Escaping Reality: A Mental Health Must
- The Olympics Inspires Fitness
- “Emerging from the Heartache of Loss” and Pandemic Relief
- New Year’s Resolutions Change How Your Life is Going!
- Thinking: The Most Important Work You Do
- Downsizing: Culling the Closet One Inch at a Time