There’s no getting around it, I am stupid. How else can you explain my recent decision to pull weeds instead of go to the beach. When faced with a rare and glorious weather day, I automatically opted for work instead of pleasure. Weeding instead of wave watching. I know I’m not alone and believe that this habit, this insidious cultural “work ethic” can be modified. Perhaps a baby step will start the ball rolling. Decision: I will sip my wine tonight outside watching birds instead of broadcast news. Whatever your choice–wine/tea/pretzels/grapes–consider taking a baby step of your own to break out of that constant work mode. You deserve it.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time