I often wonder what would happen if Father’s Day was treated with half the media hoopla and respect as Mother’s Day. After all, they’re such experts at manipulating public opinion. While it’s true that moms usually take a more active role in child rearing, maybe raising the public bar would initiate a new mindset for us all and help men feel more valued in their parenting role. This catalyst might be all it takes for them to step into that nurturing role more often. I don’t know, just dreaming….. Even though they hide their emotions more, I think dads want pretty much the same thing as moms: to know they matter to the children in their lives. All your dad wants to know is that you’re thinking about him.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time