I often wonder what would happen if Father’s Day was treated with half the media hoopla and respect as Mother’s Day. After all, they’re such experts at manipulating public opinion. While it’s true that moms usually take a more active role in child rearing, maybe raising the public bar would initiate a new mindset for us all and help men feel more valued in their parenting role. This catalyst might be all it takes for them to step into that nurturing role more often. I don’t know, just dreaming….. Even though they hide their emotions more, I think dads want pretty much the same thing as moms: to know they matter to the children in their lives. All your dad wants to know is that you’re thinking about him.
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good