I’m a writer who isn’t writing. I’ve moved twice in the past six years and could blame it on that, but the truth is I’ve let it happen. All those obligations and activities that “come up” rule my life, until the squeaky wheels get all of me. At the time it felt like I had no choice — and sometimes I didn’t — but mostly I just didn’t think about it. I got up early on Monday, sat in the dark sipping a morning favorite and thought about all that filled my days, which wasn’t what I wanted to fill my days. Thirty minutes later, the last priority had moved to third position and two things had dropped off. The first two, family and job, have to remain at the top; but your time and your sanity, are too valuable to keep “not doing” the things that matter most to you. Change can happen in 30 minutes if you pause.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time