I made a huge pot of pasta sauce yesterday and was reminded once again what a pleasure a great aroma can be. Every time I opened the door, that Italian restaurant smell forced me to inhale even deeper, then exhale with a smile. If you’re in the depth of the winter gloomies, maybe you need something to coax a smile, and filling the house with your favorite smell works wonders. Of course, then there’s the eating part. Next weekend, when you have more time, make a smelly choice and fill your home for the day with an aroma that’ll make everyone smile. Some choices off the top of my head: chocolate chip cookies, cake with lots of vanilla, bread, garlicy marinara sauce, beef stew, a cinnamon something or other. Pick a favorite and commit. (this from someone who keeps trying to divorce her kitchen!)
- That Special Gift of Time: Service vs. Presents
- Kite Sparks Sagging Creativity
- Finding a Treasure Buried in the Clutter: The Price of Birthing
- Heat Relief: The Cooling Sight of Bubbles
- The Heat & Me: Take to the Water When You’re Hot!
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage