I made a huge pot of pasta sauce yesterday and was reminded once again what a pleasure a great aroma can be. Every time I opened the door, that Italian restaurant smell forced me to inhale even deeper, then exhale with a smile. If you’re in the depth of the winter gloomies, maybe you need something to coax a smile, and filling the house with your favorite smell works wonders. Of course, then there’s the eating part. Next weekend, when you have more time, make a smelly choice and fill your home for the day with an aroma that’ll make everyone smile. Some choices off the top of my head: chocolate chip cookies, cake with lots of vanilla, bread, garlicy marinara sauce, beef stew, a cinnamon something or other. Pick a favorite and commit. (this from someone who keeps trying to divorce her kitchen!)
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.