I made a huge pot of pasta sauce yesterday and was reminded once again what a pleasure a great aroma can be. Every time I opened the door, that Italian restaurant smell forced me to inhale even deeper, then exhale with a smile. If you’re in the depth of the winter gloomies, maybe you need something to coax a smile, and filling the house with your favorite smell works wonders. Of course, then there’s the eating part. Next weekend, when you have more time, make a smelly choice and fill your home for the day with an aroma that’ll make everyone smile. Some choices off the top of my head: chocolate chip cookies, cake with lots of vanilla, bread, garlicy marinara sauce, beef stew, a cinnamon something or other. Pick a favorite and commit. (this from someone who keeps trying to divorce her kitchen!)
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home