I saw an interview recently with the author of “French Women Don’t Get Fat”. Their secret is mental attitude: “We enjoy our food,” she repeated over and over. This meant taking the time to savor each bite. Apparently it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that it’s full, so slower means your brain has a chance to catch up. I suspect they’d gasp if they saw the speed at which I shovel it in sometimes. Embarrassing! The other secret is portions; they eat half of what we do… and with wine no less. Maybe if I served dinner on a salad plate, reducing my portions will be easier to swallow.
- Finding a Treasure Buried in the Clutter: The Price of Birthing
- Heat Relief: The Cooling Sight of Bubbles
- The Heat & Me: Take to the Water When You’re Hot!
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options