I saw an interview recently with the author of “French Women Don’t Get Fat”. Their secret is mental attitude: “We enjoy our food,” she repeated over and over. This meant taking the time to savor each bite. Apparently it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain that it’s full, so slower means your brain has a chance to catch up. I suspect they’d gasp if they saw the speed at which I shovel it in sometimes. Embarrassing! The other secret is portions; they eat half of what we do… and with wine no less. Maybe if I served dinner on a salad plate, reducing my portions will be easier to swallow.
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain