If you live in my part of the world, summer vacation is about to begin. Losing track of this fact is easy when you’re beyond those child rearing years. But the absence of yellow buses, and hearing the chatter of children in the middle of the day, takes me back to all their excitement — AND BOREDOM — of freer days for weeks on end. Unless the young children in your neighborhood are all at daycare, be on the lookout for errant balls rolling into the street, and the kids who run after them. Expect more whining, more giggles from nearby parks, or more visits from grandchildren. Grab a seat and enjoy the constant floor show of teens jabbering through the halls of malls everywhere. Lift your nose from its grindstone and use this built-in opportunity to enliven your rut. And… remember that my book is a great summertime read.
- Kite Sparks Sagging Creativity
- Finding a Treasure Buried in the Clutter: The Price of Birthing
- Heat Relief: The Cooling Sight of Bubbles
- The Heat & Me: Take to the Water When You’re Hot!
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?