If you live in my part of the world, summer vacation is about to begin. Losing track of this fact is easy when you’re beyond those child rearing years. But the absence of yellow buses, and hearing the chatter of children in the middle of the day, takes me back to all their excitement — AND BOREDOM — of freer days for weeks on end. Unless the young children in your neighborhood are all at daycare, be on the lookout for errant balls rolling into the street, and the kids who run after them. Expect more whining, more giggles from nearby parks, or more visits from grandchildren. Grab a seat and enjoy the constant floor show of teens jabbering through the halls of malls everywhere. Lift your nose from its grindstone and use this built-in opportunity to enliven your rut. And… remember that my book is a great summertime read.
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough