We have a wonderful little ice cream shop in our town. I often make an “event” out of shopping by stopping to get a scoop of my favorite, Cookies n’ Cream, and sitting on the bench outside the door to watch the people walk by. I’ve noticed how much better it tastes than the same exact ice cream out of my freezer at home. I used to think it was a cone vs bowl issue, but now I realize it’s because I save ice cream for a treat, a once-in-a-while occasion that keeps it special. I use this same technique for my other weakness, Spicy Doritos. Keeping your own diet downfall out of the kitchen helps keep a lid on your calories. It’s hard to resist adding that stuff to your shopping cart, but it’s a habit worth developing. If I can, you can; I LOVE my Doritos!
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time