We have a wonderful little ice cream shop in our town. I often make an “event” out of shopping by stopping to get a scoop of my favorite, Cookies n’ Cream, and sitting on the bench outside the door to watch the people walk by. I’ve noticed how much better it tastes than the same exact ice cream out of my freezer at home. I used to think it was a cone vs bowl issue, but now I realize it’s because I save ice cream for a treat, a once-in-a-while occasion that keeps it special. I use this same technique for my other weakness, Spicy Doritos. Keeping your own diet downfall out of the kitchen helps keep a lid on your calories. It’s hard to resist adding that stuff to your shopping cart, but it’s a habit worth developing. If I can, you can; I LOVE my Doritos!
- Thank You for Tuning Into My Book and My Blog
- Loss: Compounded by the Holidays
- Olympic Fortitude: Opposite of Me
- Reboot to the Positive Side: Give Yourself 5 Minutes a Day!
- Halloween Means Laughter: A Good Chance to Lighten Up
- The Pleasure of Revisiting Photos
- The Pleasure of Dancing: Therapy Without All the Talk
- Moods Rub Off: Seek Good Ones Often
- The Power of an Image: Heat Relief in Miniature
- Small Things Make the Biggest Impact