This year’s Mother’s Day is especially important to me because it’s my first without a mom. Oddly, even at this age it still feels weird to not have my mom. But I’m lucky to be facing the Day with smiles instead of tears…. I hope. I didn’t have regrets — like things left unsaid — to feel guilty about or to prolong my grief. I knew she was done with living, and in the end I was happy that she was happy. In case you don’t connect with your mom on the regular basis, in 10 days you’ll have a good excuse to make up for it in a meaningful way. I realize that many of you don’t have good relationships, if any, with your moms. But for those of you who do? You don’t want to have regrets… it will only add to your stress.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time