I’d forgotten until recently how much music affects my mood. I’m not sure whether it’s just a distraction from the stress, or that the music itself calms me down. I do know that the tension, which had snowballed recently, was broken, and I felt calmer after only 15 min. My habit of listening to music to start the day has been overshadowed lately by the wad of accumulated obligations that my brain has taken on. Tolerance is tiny ever since I shifted my life down to second gear. Consider putting more music in your life. Whether you need loud and pounding (helps with dishes), soft and trickling (great for tea break), or the lilt of Mozart, music has the ability to turn us around. Music: mood maker… mood breaker.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time