I’d forgotten until recently how much music affects my mood. I’m not sure whether it’s just a distraction from the stress, or that the music itself calms me down. I do know that the tension, which had snowballed recently, was broken, and I felt calmer after only 15 min. My habit of listening to music to start the day has been overshadowed lately by the wad of accumulated obligations that my brain has taken on. Tolerance is tiny ever since I shifted my life down to second gear. Consider putting more music in your life. Whether you need loud and pounding (helps with dishes), soft and trickling (great for tea break), or the lilt of Mozart, music has the ability to turn us around. Music: mood maker… mood breaker.
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain