I’ve had a shift in kitchen-thinking lately. Brought on by my growing discontent with this responsibility, I now start this process by opening the frig to view the contents BEFORE wrestling with the decision on what to prepare. Is there some way these leftovers can be combined into a Carol Creation? Every time I can do this I save money, get a kitchen break, and occasionally run across something that begs to be repeated. Let’s see, last night I discovered leftover sausage links, spaghetti sauce, brown rice and tofu. Surprise surprise, it worked, all in the same pan. My conscience dictates that a veggie is added, and throwing in a big handful of frozen peas does the trick. I’m happy to report that sometimes there are ways to alter the responsibilities that we so often blindly accept over the years. Climbing out of your rut and simplifying is often step #1.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time