I’ve had a shift in kitchen-thinking lately. Brought on by my growing discontent with this responsibility, I now start this process by opening the frig to view the contents BEFORE wrestling with the decision on what to prepare. Is there some way these leftovers can be combined into a Carol Creation? Every time I can do this I save money, get a kitchen break, and occasionally run across something that begs to be repeated. Let’s see, last night I discovered leftover sausage links, spaghetti sauce, brown rice and tofu. Surprise surprise, it worked, all in the same pan. My conscience dictates that a veggie is added, and throwing in a big handful of frozen peas does the trick. I’m happy to report that sometimes there are ways to alter the responsibilities that we so often blindly accept over the years. Climbing out of your rut and simplifying is often step #1.
- Thank You for Tuning Into My Book and My Blog
- Loss: Compounded by the Holidays
- Olympic Fortitude: Opposite of Me
- Reboot to the Positive Side: Give Yourself 5 Minutes a Day!
- Halloween Means Laughter: A Good Chance to Lighten Up
- The Pleasure of Revisiting Photos
- The Pleasure of Dancing: Therapy Without All the Talk
- Moods Rub Off: Seek Good Ones Often
- The Power of an Image: Heat Relief in Miniature
- Small Things Make the Biggest Impact