I’ve had a shift in kitchen-thinking lately. Brought on by my growing discontent with this responsibility, I now start this process by opening the frig to view the contents BEFORE wrestling with the decision on what to prepare. Is there some way these leftovers can be combined into a Carol Creation? Every time I can do this I save money, get a kitchen break, and occasionally run across something that begs to be repeated. Let’s see, last night I discovered leftover sausage links, spaghetti sauce, brown rice and tofu. Surprise surprise, it worked, all in the same pan. My conscience dictates that a veggie is added, and throwing in a big handful of frozen peas does the trick. I’m happy to report that sometimes there are ways to alter the responsibilities that we so often blindly accept over the years. Climbing out of your rut and simplifying is often step #1.
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!