Often when I talk to my son, he’s just gone on a picnic with his honey. Always with a bottle of wine, a hunk of cheese and some great bread. The pleasure of this simple activity has only just begun to sink in to this “nose to the grindstone” person. I used to do it all the time on the beach, but stopped years ago because it was just easier to eat at the table, near the kitchen. Guess I got old. But just think about it for a minute — sitting outside, eating fun food with someone you like, in a place that you enjoy. This forced nature break is therapy at it’s finest. Of course weather-wise, this has to happen at different times in different parts of the country. If romance isn’t on your mind, include the kids or ask a friend. The secret, I’ve decided, is keeping the fixin’s in the frig, because you never know when time and the weather will permit. My start was to buy a special tablecloth for the occasion and keep it in plain view as a reminder. I’m ready!
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!