If your holiday season means more pressure than pleasure, here’s a suggestion: move the emphasis off food and your weekend will be filled with more comfort than stress. To those of you expecting family or friends, consider giving up that giant dinner you had planned for Monday… and switching to Sunday is cheating. For years now we’ve just stocked the frig with cold cuts, homemade soup, dip, salad makings, or anything that can be made or bought ahead. What with present opening, nog nipping and cookie gulping, everyone can choose what and when they want to eat. Nobody minds a “get your own” setup because they can relax and go at their own pace all day……….. including you. If you already know this, or if the season is little more than a blip for you already, congratulations! I wish for you a comforting holiday.
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!