Driving is something that most of us do every day, so use every stop light as an occasion to take some deep breaths until it turns green. Much more relaxing than fuming, biting your fingernails, or talking on your cell. Not to mention combing your hair, finishing makeup, or eating a last minute breakfast. It’s a tip that city drivers really need, but it’s a quick fix for anyone facing the stop and go of signals. Unless you count stopping for squirrels and deer as country signals, country roaders sure don’t need it. You know, the kind where you can just stop in the middle and talk with a neighbor for 10 minutes… until the next car comes round the corner and nudges you on. (Geoff Cole in Seattle, one of my recipients, sent me the idea for this one.)
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain