I measured the mammoth force of nature growing in my yard this morning; an incredible 10’ tall!!! The sunflower that’s forming on the top will probably be bigger than my head soon. I’m struck by how a simple flower can be such a mood-maker and offer this small goal to consider: try getting a little bouquet for your table or counter at least once a month. (two stems qualify). Put it on your calendar. This gesture will help brighten the days ahead if you’re feeling overwhelmed, stressed out, or especially sad. And it always make a good mood even better. Flowers are so common that we often take them for granted and, of course, most of us are too busy to even remember to get them. Well… reminding you is my job.
- Abortion Rights and the Magnitude of Betrayal
- The Pleasure of Social Dance: Room to Improve
- Perspective is Everything: Consider Changing Viewpoints
- Defrosting Blogging Brain Freeze: Getting Unstuck
- Escaping Reality: A Mental Health Must
- The Olympics Inspires Fitness
- “Emerging from the Heartache of Loss” and Pandemic Relief
- New Year’s Resolutions Change How Your Life is Going!
- Thinking: The Most Important Work You Do
- Downsizing: Culling the Closet One Inch at a Time