After lunch with a friend yesterday, I’ve been rethinking my priorities. She’s enjoying life and was stunned that I couldn’t remember the last time I did what I wanted to do instead of what I had to do. Filling free time with obligations, activities and tasks has become a habit that has snuck up on me over the years. Having a 9 to 5 or raising children cuts down on your choices, but there can still be free time to fill and choices to make. Our mothers taught us to make our beds, but when my then teenage daughter asked me “why?” I couldn’t think of a really good answer. Somehow, a clean house lost it’s importance from that moment on. Just think about how you spend your free time and make sure you’re getting some enjoyment along the way. I’m working on it.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time