After lunch with a friend yesterday, I’ve been rethinking my priorities. She’s enjoying life and was stunned that I couldn’t remember the last time I did what I wanted to do instead of what I had to do. Filling free time with obligations, activities and tasks has become a habit that has snuck up on me over the years. Having a 9 to 5 or raising children cuts down on your choices, but there can still be free time to fill and choices to make. Our mothers taught us to make our beds, but when my then teenage daughter asked me “why?” I couldn’t think of a really good answer. Somehow, a clean house lost it’s importance from that moment on. Just think about how you spend your free time and make sure you’re getting some enjoyment along the way. I’m working on it.
- Thank You for Tuning Into My Book and My Blog
- Loss: Compounded by the Holidays
- Olympic Fortitude: Opposite of Me
- Reboot to the Positive Side: Give Yourself 5 Minutes a Day!
- Halloween Means Laughter: A Good Chance to Lighten Up
- The Pleasure of Revisiting Photos
- The Pleasure of Dancing: Therapy Without All the Talk
- Moods Rub Off: Seek Good Ones Often
- The Power of an Image: Heat Relief in Miniature
- Small Things Make the Biggest Impact