After lunch with a friend yesterday, I’ve been rethinking my priorities. She’s enjoying life and was stunned that I couldn’t remember the last time I did what I wanted to do instead of what I had to do. Filling free time with obligations, activities and tasks has become a habit that has snuck up on me over the years. Having a 9 to 5 or raising children cuts down on your choices, but there can still be free time to fill and choices to make. Our mothers taught us to make our beds, but when my then teenage daughter asked me “why?” I couldn’t think of a really good answer. Somehow, a clean house lost it’s importance from that moment on. Just think about how you spend your free time and make sure you’re getting some enjoyment along the way. I’m working on it.
- Perspective is Everything: Consider Changing Viewpoints
- Defrosting Blogging Brain Freeze: Getting Unstuck
- Escaping Reality: A Mental Health Must
- The Olympics Inspires Fitness
- “Emerging from the Heartache of Loss” and Pandemic Relief
- New Year’s Resolutions Change How Your Life is Going!
- Thinking: The Most Important Work You Do
- Downsizing: Culling the Closet One Inch at a Time
- That Special Gift of Time: Service vs. Presents
- Kite Sparks Sagging Creativity