I love to dance and am often surprised by my own stamina on the dance floor. I’ve given this a lot of thought lately and have come up with my very own acronym, REVSS. Rest, Exercise, Vittles, Stress, Slowdown. I occasionally hear comments about looking younger than I am, so I’ve whittled down my own good health to these five elements. Improved mental clarity after a good night’s sleep proves to me that adequate rest is vital. I’m faithful to an exercise regimen, go light on sweets and fat, and work at reducing stress wherever I can. Slowing down is a huge factor, both in the speed at which you do every task AND in the pace of your life in general. I know that all of this is easier said than done, especially if your life is full to the brim, and your hectic lifestyle defines the word “busy”. But if you value your own body and peace of mind, consider revving up with REVSS. Cute, huh?
- Thank You for Tuning Into My Book and My Blog
- Loss: Compounded by the Holidays
- Olympic Fortitude: Opposite of Me
- Reboot to the Positive Side: Give Yourself 5 Minutes a Day!
- Halloween Means Laughter: A Good Chance to Lighten Up
- The Pleasure of Revisiting Photos
- The Pleasure of Dancing: Therapy Without All the Talk
- Moods Rub Off: Seek Good Ones Often
- The Power of an Image: Heat Relief in Miniature
- Small Things Make the Biggest Impact