I love to dance and am often surprised by my own stamina on the dance floor. I’ve given this a lot of thought lately and have come up with my very own acronym, REVSS. Rest, Exercise, Vittles, Stress, Slowdown. I occasionally hear comments about looking younger than I am, so I’ve whittled down my own good health to these five elements. Improved mental clarity after a good night’s sleep proves to me that adequate rest is vital. I’m faithful to an exercise regimen, go light on sweets and fat, and work at reducing stress wherever I can. Slowing down is a huge factor, both in the speed at which you do every task AND in the pace of your life in general. I know that all of this is easier said than done, especially if your life is full to the brim, and your hectic lifestyle defines the word “busy”. But if you value your own body and peace of mind, consider revving up with REVSS. Cute, huh?
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time