I caught myself doing it again this morning — starting out with a mental list of what I have to accomplish today. This is wrong. I recently vowed to give myself one day a week of doing what I want to do, not what I should do. The list of obligations that you try to keep up with will never end so what does it matter that if you insert a time of relaxation. Work mode mentality is a hard habit to break, but your body and brain need a rest from life’s pressures. I have the luxury of designating half a day on Wednesdays just because I can, but if you work full time, have children, or a demanding job, choices are fewer. For your own sanity, consider working out a regularly scheduled play-date with yourself. Even an hour gives your pleasure hormones a chance to spread.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time