I caught myself doing it again this morning — starting out with a mental list of what I have to accomplish today. This is wrong. I recently vowed to give myself one day a week of doing what I want to do, not what I should do. The list of obligations that you try to keep up with will never end so what does it matter that if you insert a time of relaxation. Work mode mentality is a hard habit to break, but your body and brain need a rest from life’s pressures. I have the luxury of designating half a day on Wednesdays just because I can, but if you work full time, have children, or a demanding job, choices are fewer. For your own sanity, consider working out a regularly scheduled play-date with yourself. Even an hour gives your pleasure hormones a chance to spread.
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!