I caught myself doing it again this morning — starting out with a mental list of what I have to accomplish today. This is wrong. I recently vowed to give myself one day a week of doing what I want to do, not what I should do. The list of obligations that you try to keep up with will never end so what does it matter that if you insert a time of relaxation. Work mode mentality is a hard habit to break, but your body and brain need a rest from life’s pressures. I have the luxury of designating half a day on Wednesdays just because I can, but if you work full time, have children, or a demanding job, choices are fewer. For your own sanity, consider working out a regularly scheduled play-date with yourself. Even an hour gives your pleasure hormones a chance to spread.
- Perspective is Everything: Consider Changing Viewpoints
- Defrosting Blogging Brain Freeze: Getting Unstuck
- Escaping Reality: A Mental Health Must
- The Olympics Inspires Fitness
- “Emerging from the Heartache of Loss” and Pandemic Relief
- New Year’s Resolutions Change How Your Life is Going!
- Thinking: The Most Important Work You Do
- Downsizing: Culling the Closet One Inch at a Time
- That Special Gift of Time: Service vs. Presents
- Kite Sparks Sagging Creativity