I caught myself doing it again this morning — starting out with a mental list of what I have to accomplish today. This is wrong. I recently vowed to give myself one day a week of doing what I want to do, not what I should do. The list of obligations that you try to keep up with will never end so what does it matter that if you insert a time of relaxation. Work mode mentality is a hard habit to break, but your body and brain need a rest from life’s pressures. I have the luxury of designating half a day on Wednesdays just because I can, but if you work full time, have children, or a demanding job, choices are fewer. For your own sanity, consider working out a regularly scheduled play-date with yourself. Even an hour gives your pleasure hormones a chance to spread.
- That Special Gift of Time: Service vs. Presents
- Kite Sparks Sagging Creativity
- Finding a Treasure Buried in the Clutter: The Price of Birthing
- Heat Relief: The Cooling Sight of Bubbles
- The Heat & Me: Take to the Water When You’re Hot!
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage