Take a deep breath and get ready. It’s easy to let the stress of trying to do too much cancel out the fun and joy in the season ahead. I’ve missed a lot over the years being caught up in doing it all just “right”. Here’s a little jump-start to practice: choose one thing in your life to do slower. Just one. You’ll be surprised at what a difference a couple minutes make to your brain and blood pressure. If you like the way this feels, a significant lifestyle change is beginning. Here are some simple areas for you to consider lingering longer in: preparing a meal, exercising, eating breakfast, driving to work, doing dishes, grocery shopping, reading to your children or just listening to them longer. Busyness and rushing around usually take away from experiencing fully the moment you’re in right now.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time