Yesterday I discovered that my mom–living alone but forever tidy– still carefully folds her bedspread down, taking it off every night and putting it on a bench she no longer sits on. In the morning it’s back, with perfectly lined-up throw pillows across the top. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that years ago I stopped making my bed all together with the thought, “just going to get into it tonight again.” When I realized how much my husband and I enjoyed getting into dust-free sheets at night, I compromised to a happy medium that I can live with. We use a simple throw as just another blanket. This way we can just flip it up over the pillows in the morning and don’t need to remove anything when we snuggle into bed at night. Comforter in the winter, cotton print when it warms up. Do yourself a favor and simplify your housework.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time