The smallest change makes a huge difference. Keeping in mind that slowing down gives us a chance to actually enjoy life —EVERYTHING is better when you have time to pay attention to it — here’s a trick I’ve discovered recently. Just walking slower making dinner — between the frig and stove and countertop — was calming. My body had an instant reaction, as if its brain was saying, “Well at last, she finally got it.” Just imagine how much better your day would be if you STARTED out like this, with breakfast instead of dinner. Just this little daily change might reset your internal habit of rushing from one thing to the next all day long.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time