Can someone please start an an anti-busy campaign? There IS something called the Slow Movement in Europe but, by definition, it’s not made significant progress across the pond yet. Today I revisited the website of Carl Honoré, author of In Praise of Slow and Under Pressure. Reading his book and brilliant articles on slowing down reminded me how seldom I’m taking my own advice lately. The number of obligations in my life have become a runaway train, and the critical mass is robbing my sleep and clouding my judgment. Being in constant motion often means being preoccupied with all the obligations in front of us. In fact, I’m having a hard time right now even composing this little paragraph. Time to start making more blank days on the calendar. Care to join me?
- Kite Sparks Sagging Creativity
- Finding a Treasure Buried in the Clutter: The Price of Birthing
- Heat Relief: The Cooling Sight of Bubbles
- The Heat & Me: Take to the Water When You’re Hot!
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?