Can someone please start an an anti-busy campaign? There IS something called the Slow Movement in Europe but, by definition, it’s not made significant progress across the pond yet. Today I revisited the website of Carl Honoré, author of In Praise of Slow and Under Pressure. Reading his book and brilliant articles on slowing down reminded me how seldom I’m taking my own advice lately. The number of obligations in my life have become a runaway train, and the critical mass is robbing my sleep and clouding my judgment. Being in constant motion often means being preoccupied with all the obligations in front of us. In fact, I’m having a hard time right now even composing this little paragraph. Time to start making more blank days on the calendar. Care to join me?
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!