I realized recently how much my physical life has changed since I started strengthening my back… and my backside. I no longer have to call for help when the urge to shuffle furniture hits. I never have back pain like so many people I know, and my posture is much better. You may not know why you know someone is over a “certain” age; often their back is beginning to sag and curve forward. Having a strong back is so much more important than I ever imagined, especially when so many of you are sitting at a computer all day. Even walking is easier. Here’s a simple start: Pretend you’re doing a push-up, (arms straight or from your elbows) and just hold that position without moving for as long as you can. Work up to one minute. Keeping your back from sagging down is hard at first, but it will get easier. The rewards of a strong back make it worth it.
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home
- “Stay Home!”: Slowing Down Because of Free Time