Here’s a practical tip that will make your kitchen life easier. I know you “cooks” will be resistant, but many of us don’t have the time, don’t want to spend the time, or are suffering from kitchen burn out. I saw a sign on a restaurant once, “We give our chef a night off once a week. Doesn’t your wife deserve the same?” and the sentiment stuck with me. Get-Your- Own Night” started in our home when my children were teenagers, and it’s still my kitchen credo. The idea is for everyone to fend for themselves one night a week. This works better if you keep leftovers in the frig; however, there’s always fruit, nuts, cheese, cereal, or the can opener to get creative with. Start as young as you want, but remember to keep an open mind about what your 8-year old is concocting. Know what I’m saying?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain