Here’s a practical tip that will make your kitchen life easier. I know you “cooks” will be resistant, but many of us don’t have the time, don’t want to spend the time, or are suffering from kitchen burn out. I saw a sign on a restaurant once, “We give our chef a night off once a week. Doesn’t your wife deserve the same?” and the sentiment stuck with me. Get-Your- Own Night” started in our home when my children were teenagers, and it’s still my kitchen credo. The idea is for everyone to fend for themselves one night a week. This works better if you keep leftovers in the frig; however, there’s always fruit, nuts, cheese, cereal, or the can opener to get creative with. Start as young as you want, but remember to keep an open mind about what your 8-year old is concocting. Know what I’m saying?
- Finding a Treasure Buried in the Clutter: The Price of Birthing
- Heat Relief: The Cooling Sight of Bubbles
- The Heat & Me: Take to the Water When You’re Hot!
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options