Cooking was the farthest thing from my mind when I started Comfort Clues 2 years ago. Besides being burned out of kitchen work, food advice was not what I had in mind. But I can’t resist. Here are two of my favorite inventions that will make your kitchen life easier: one is for leftover fish, the other for those of you kindred souls whose families don’t like broccoli. 1) Combine cold cutup fish in a bowl with cooled rice, peas, cashews, and maybe mushrooms, then toss with Balsamic dressing (1/2 c olive oil, 3/8 c rice vinegar, 1/8 c balsamic vinegar, one crushed garlic clove). 2) Steam broccoli for 2 min. then cool. Combine in a bowl with cutup tomatoes, mushrooms and cashews. Toss with the same dressing. Both are cold, like salad, and very yummy. Now, whenever I cook fish I double the amount so we can have this quick fish salad later in the week. Of course, I believe in my heart of hearts that Balsamic dressing goes on everything!
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!