Media hype insists we couple. This overblown emphasis makes those of us without loving relationships to celebrate feel extra lonely as the sea of red hearts start to close in this week. I have a single friend who told me recently that it was the worst day of the year for him. Maybe you can think of a neighbor or someone you know who would appreciate a personal pick-me-up… a card, phone call, or a spontaneous visit. Valentine’s Day automatically reminds us how important love is in our lives, but the emphasis on romance is only part of the story. Remember to let your children, grandchildren, mom&dad, or close friend know how much they mean to you. Even if you think the people you cherish know how you feel — and they might not — it feels so good to be reminded. There are more people than you realize who feel alone.
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!