Valentine’s Day. I’m always torn between ignoring it and going whole hog. On the one hand I appreciate having a designated time to celebrate our love for one another. In a busy life it’s easy to start taking each other for granted. This year my husband surprised me by actually making a reservation 2 WEEKS AGO at a fancy restaurant. I am sooo lucky! On the other hand, what about those who are alone, without any loving relationship or friendship to celebrate? Since media hype insists that we’re SUPPOSED to couple, this could be a time of feeling extra lonely for them. Maybe you can think of someone you know who would appreciate a personal pick-me-up… through a card, a phone call, or a hug. Maybe you can surprise them and make their day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!