If you constantly put off walking because it’s just simpler not to, consider trying to recruit a walking partner. Having an outside commitment helps to get you moving as well as making the uphills easier — talking distracts from the pain. I notice a definite difference in motivation when my neighborhood partner flakes out on me. I walk a bit slower, and seem more spent on the days that I end up walking alone. I’d swear my mouth is directly connected to my feet because the faster my lips flap, the faster my feet move. Timing can be a problem, though; everyone walks at their own pace, and we all have to choose a different time of day to do it. (I suppose it would be crazy to walk in Phoenix after noon in July) But if you can get beyond the glitches to work out a deal with a fellow walker, your lifestyle will take an easier upward turn.
- Kite Sparks Sagging Creativity
- Finding a Treasure Buried in the Clutter: The Price of Birthing
- Heat Relief: The Cooling Sight of Bubbles
- The Heat & Me: Take to the Water When You’re Hot!
- Update: Fox Family on the Move!
- The Night Life: Foxes are Back!!!
- COVID Vaccination Day!
- Pillow Talk: The Darkside
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?