Whew, the election media blitz/hype/bs is done, or almost. Now the focus bounces back to our own little worlds. For lots of us, that means worry about money and how we’re going to pay the bills. For sure, the economy looks dismal. But the optimist in me is convinced that the constant media drama and exaggerations make everything look more desperate that it really is. Fingers crossed. Here’s a reminder I concocted for whenever my life seemed to be falling apart, “The magnitude of my own problems seems to grow according to how much time I spend thinking about them, and myself.” Try giving your anxious brain a little break by regularly forcing it to focus on something, or someone, else for 5 short minutes. Hard to believe, but even this tiny break can ease the stress.
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.
- Pandemic Time on my Hands!
- A Fox at the Backdoor: Rest for a Tired Brain
- Loss of Freedom Brings Rewards: s-l-o-w is good!
- Laughter Softens the Onslaught of Bad News
- Stay-at-Home #2: Time to Notice the Little Things
- Adapting to Stay-Home Orders: Home Sweet Home