Whew, the election media blitz/hype/bs is done, or almost. Now the focus bounces back to our own little worlds. For lots of us, that means worry about money and how we’re going to pay the bills. For sure, the economy looks dismal. But the optimist in me is convinced that the constant media drama and exaggerations make everything look more desperate that it really is. Fingers crossed. Here’s a reminder I concocted for whenever my life seemed to be falling apart, “The magnitude of my own problems seems to grow according to how much time I spend thinking about them, and myself.” Try giving your anxious brain a little break by regularly forcing it to focus on something, or someone, else for 5 short minutes. Hard to believe, but even this tiny break can ease the stress.
- Egg Art and Kitchen Bondage
- The Art and Elegance of the Bathtub. An Acquired Skill?
- My Ukulele: Musing on Pandemic Options
- Election Relief: Hope Really Does Spring Eternal
- Voting 2020: A Date to Remember
- Feeling the Loss: Dancing Kept the Joy Alive!
- “Character” More Than Getting Tough
- Worry: Bad… Calm: Good
- Brush Fire and Essential Workers!
- Reboot to a Positive Mindset: Give Yourself 5 Min/Day.